Interviews can be a stressful affair for the job seekers. The job seeker may not perform best in this situation. You need to make sure that you try to get the best out of the candidate so that you do not miss out a good talent.
You can these things in mind:
– Make the candidate comfortable. You might want to take a few minutes to have a casual talk with the candidate before starting the interview right away.
– Have a detailed study of the candidate’s profile and work history
– Do not involve a lot of people. A few would be fine to conduct the interview.
– Share the interview process with the candidate beforehand.
– Do not ask irrelevant questions. Ask them questions related to the position they are applying for.
– Do not give unnecessary hypothetical situations to the candidate
– Give them a detailed description about the Key result area and company culture
– Allow the candidate to ask questions
– Get to know about the most significant achievements the candidate has got in his career till date
– Study the candidate’s body language and gestures
– Tell the candidate about the expansion plans of the company